Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Trip Training for Italy


Planning a cycling trip to Europe in September is exciting, but has one major drawback - you have to keep riding right through the winter in Melbourne ....

But it's not all bad, if you can pick your days. Since booking the trip - which will involve nearly 1000 kms in 13 rides over 14 days - mostly in the Dolomites - I have managed 2300 kms in 41 rides in 3 months ... sounds like enough doesn't it ... ?

Oh well, weather looks rubbish for the rest of this week then I have another 3 good weeks of riding to do before I taper off a little the week of my departure - when I probably should pack.

Today I varied things a bit and put the Fulcrum CX7 wheels/28c tyres on the 'new' GIANT Defy 1 and rode some windy hills around Park Orchards and South Warrandyte before looping back via the Main Yarra Trail and setting some wind assisted PBs in the process. Man, that thing flies - well... compared to the CAADX anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I will moderate comments if required so please be nice :)